Saturday, August 7, 2021

1/True False Quiz

  • On the first day of school I give my new students a T/F quiz all about me. I have silly things in there like “I like to hang upside-down from trees” “I love Harry Potter books” and “My favorite color is purple.” The children take the quiz and then we go over the answers. I usually give a small prize to whoever gets the most correct. Then it is their turn to write a T/F quiz for me about them. If there is time, I will try to answer the quizzes out loud so that everyone gets to know everyone a bit. I tell them I want them to pay attention to punctuation and do the best they can on spelling as well, without putting too much pressure on them about it. This give me a change to preview their skill level as well as get to know them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sit or Stand Getting to Know You

In past years, I’ve had kids walk around the room and do surveys at the beginning of the year to get to know each other and start building a...